robocopy \\192.168.1.74\SharedFolder \\192.168.1.39\SharedFolder /E /ZB /DCOPY:T /COPYALL /R:1 /W:1 /V /TEE /LOG:C:\Robocopy.log
- source :: Source Directory (drive:\path or \\server\share\path).
- destination :: Destination Dir (drive:\path or \\server\share\path).
- /E :: copy subdirectories, including Empty ones.
- /ZB :: use restart able mode; if access denied use Backup mode.
- /DCOPY:T :: COPY Directory Timestamps.
- /COPYALL :: COPY ALL file info (equivalent to /COPY:DATSOU). Copies the Data, Attributes, Timestamps, Owner, Permissions and Auditing info
- /R:n :: number of Retries on failed copies: default is 1 million but I set this to only retry once.
- /W:n :: Wait time between retries: default is 30 seconds but I set this to 1 second.
- /V :: produce Verbose output, showing skipped files.
- /TEE :: output to console window, as well as the log file.
- /LOG:file :: output status to LOG file (overwrite existing log).
Backup from old File Server and Restore in New File Server (If you are worried you can export the same key on the NEW server to back it up)
Change Path if Required (for example if the share was initially in C Drive and now in D change the path as per the figure.)
Restart the “Server” service or simply reboot the new server. This process is now complete